Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

It's Not Time Yet! or My Adventure With Preterm Labor


The night before last I ended up spending the evening in L&D. I had been having contractions all day on the hour. I started to keep track around 9:00 am but they started as soon as I got out of bed around 6:00am. 9:10 ouch, 9:40 tears. 10:49 Ugh. Got a little break and then 12:56 holy moly what is going on. 1:13, 1:54, 2:36, on and on and on throughout the day.  Of course I was at work, oh and did I mention it was my birthday?

So working, bday lunch with two of my best friends, then tumbling with Miss P. THEN dinner with GiGi and Poppa G and frozen yogurt cause that had to happen. We didn't get home until about 9:00pm. Contractions happening all the way. I put Piper to bed but by that time the contractions had me doubling over. 

I got myself into bed by 10:00pm. Had some water and tried to relax but then the period like cramps started to happen. I knew that was bad news. I was counting the contractions as they came and realized I was having them really close together. Nine in an hour to be exact and all were pretty severe. With the back 'period like' pains to go with the contractions I knew I had to call L&D and see what they wanted me to do. Of course they said come right away. Thank goodness my dad was spending the night and could watch Miss P so Burly and I could go. 

We got to L&D around midnight to get checked out. The contractions ended up going away on their own, THANK GOODNESS and the baby sounded fine on the monitor and my exam showed that I'm still high and closed thankfully. So we were sent home around 2:30am. 

Lesson Learned: I need to rest more. 

I took the day off yesterday and spent the day resting with my feet up. I had more contractions yesterday but not to the same magnitude. I slept till noon before I even thought about getting out of bed (except for a multitude of bathroom breaks). My mom brought me lunch and spent the afternoon with me while I caught up on The Voice. When Burly got home she left to go home up the hill. 

When my dad got back to the house (he stays with us part time instead of driving up and down the mountain every day) he and Burly did my grocery shopping for me. It was harder than you would imagine to let go of that control. I wanted to do my own damn shopping. What if they didn't get exactly what was on the list? They did fine though and with few exceptions got everything exactly the same as I would have. 

I'm only 28 weeks 3 days. I need to let go and accept help so that I can keep this baby in for another approximately 3 months!  

Pray that I can keep this baby in for as long as needed please. I'm not due until July 28th and I'm supposed to be having a scheduled C-Section!

I was joking with the nurse that my kids are here to teach me that things don't always go according to my master plan.  With Miss P I wanted a natural childbirth and I ended up needing a c-section. Now with Miss V I want the c-section and she's going to try to be a v-back! 

From here on out I'll be doing A LOT of resting which is pretty boring but I'll try to keep you all updated on whats new and exciting at Momma Brand's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik