Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

My Mothers Day Recap

I had the loveliest Mothers Day I think I've had to date. I really enjoyed myself, and just really enjoyed spending the day with Miss P and Burly. 

We started with getting to sleep in a bit. Miss P's Daddy dropped her off at 9am from her visit with him. It was his weekend but he was so generous to offer me the day for Mother's day. When she got home she wanted a snack right away and then we sat down and did a big girl Frozen puzzle (ie a real puzzle instead of the wooden Melissa & Douge type ones) and then she wanted me to play with her Frozen barbie dolls with her. This kid can make up some wild stories. I was handed the Kristoff doll and she had the Anna doll and we were off looking for Elsa so she could freeze and then unfreeze Anna's heart. LOL The things she picks up from watching that movie just astounds me.


When it got close to lunch time we headed off to Sequoia Sandwich. I love this place and if you happen to be in the Fresno/Clovis CA area I highly suggest you try it. We had time to take a couple of pictures while we waited for our sandwiches to be made. 




Then we went to Target for a bit. I got a new iced tea pitcher and Miss P got to pick out a few new summer clothes to round out her wardrobe. A My Little Pony shirt was the highlight of her shopping trip I think. lol She kept talking about her 'Apple Jack shirt' (a character on the show) and wanted to wear it this morning to day care. 




Then since it was Mothers' Day after all, I decided we needed some frozen yogurt after all that shopping. We headed over to Menchies and it was full of surprises! First off the owner gave Miss P a Menchies stuffed doll and she just was over the moon with the gift. She squealed with delight and hugged it really tight. She was so excited! lol I think she said thank you like five times. Which is really good for a three year old!


Then we noticed that there was face painting outside. We took our fro-yo outside and Piper waited patiently for her turn. She decided she wanted her whole face to be a tiger! lol She cracks me up! She sat so still for the face painter and was just sweet as could be. The results were fantastic!

My brother called and was in the area so he stopped by so my nieces could get some frozen yogurt and face painting too. Miss A got a unicorn on her cheek, and Miss L got a Hello Kitty on her arm. So sweet. They came back to the house so the girls could play while I rested. It was so nice as they play so well together. 

Burly's parents and grandma came over for dinner. Burly made tritip and I sauteed some summer squash and zucchini with mushrooms and onions. It was all SO good!




After everyone left Piper got a bath. Then since we missed nap time it was early to bed. 



What a wonderful day! The only thing that held a shadow over the day was that I certainly missed Miss M but I hope she had a good day with her Mommy. I understand she's not mine to have on Mothers Day even if I feel differently! 

On another note: Very few contractions the last few days. I was so thankful to not have to deal with those so much that it put any kind of spoiler on the day. I rested, stayed hydrated, and it worked to my advantage! Burly wouldn't even let me load the dishwasher!

Although we did talk on the phone for a few minutes I'll see my mom this weekend where we'll celebrate a belated Mothers Day and my belated birthday. I'm excited to spend some time on the mountain and some good quality time with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik